In Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, players can choose from dozens of real weapon modifications to assemble the perfect arsenal needed as they progress through the game. Weapon customization is a key element in creating a unique tactical experience when playing the role of Jon North, an American sniper dropped behind enemy lines in the eastern European Republic of Georgia.
Players can personalize their weapon selection to reflect their play style preferences. The same assault rifle can be styled either as a silenced medium-range precision rifle or a light machine gun capable of pumping multiple enemies full of lead in one long burst. It’s up to the player. Choose from a huge range of guns, from the Origin-12 shotgun to the McMillan TAC-338 sniper rifle.
Mod weapons with the options listed below:
- OPTICS: Sniper rifle scopes with various degree of zoom, iron sights and collimators
for sidearms and assault weapons.
- MAGAZINE: Larger magazines hold more bullets giving higher ammo capacity on the mission.
- SILENCER: Allows silent shooting. Firing weapons with silencer doesn’t alert enemies. Silencers have limited durability and have to be repaired after extensive use.
- BIPOD: Greatly reduces weapon sway, allows the rifle to be supported on the ground,
and increases the aiming angles when supported.
- CAMO: Selected camos can be swapped between weapons. Players can choose from camos as Africa Tech, Hexagon Ice, Death Pool, Grass Wave, Copperhead Snake and many others (some camos available only as a part of exclusive DLCs)
- VISION: Laser aiming modules increase weapon precision while shooting from the hip. Flashlights provide illumination in darkened areas.
Different gameplay approaches require specific equipment and tactics for success. Here are some scenarios along with supporting gear and tactics players can use for a mission:
- Stealth Sniping – Choose silencers, long-range weapons, warning devices (motion detectors that expose nearby enemies), and luring bullets.
- Stealth Infiltration – Choose a bow to silently take out your enemies and use your knife
to perform melee takedowns.
- Action – Choose grenades, mines and C4 explosives. Wear heavy armor and attach drum clips to your assault rifles.
- Indoor Combat – Equip a variety of shotguns in closed environments and attach flashlights
or night vision goggles to see in low-light conditions.
- Vehicular Combat – Lay down anti-vehicle mines and use a .50 cal sniper rifle to penetrate even the most heavily armored vehicles.
It’s important to consider all aspects of weapon modification when preparing for a mission:
an increase in weapon weight may also cause additional weapon sway during combat and drain stamina while sprinting. Choose wisely!
With the huge range of weapon types, camo styles, shooting techniques and unique capabilities, players will be able to assemble the gear they want and make detailed adjustments for the way they like to play in Sniper Ghost Warrior 3.
Examples of weapons, there will many more in the game:
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 launches
on the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC on April 25, 2017.